Fridge & Freezer Calibration
Keep your products and patients safe with our annual medical fridge
and freezer servicing.
Carried out by fully trained EBME engineers.
Book your calibration now
We’re here to help. Please get in touch if you have any questions or queries about our calibration services.
- Check on suitability of fridge for intended purpose and location in appropriate place with sufficient air flow
- Calibration of internal and external fridge thermometers, with adjustments made where necessary
- Adjustment of fridge thermostat to set point between +2° and +8°C
- Check and removal of any build-up of ice
- Cleaning and maintenance of compressor/condenser parts
- Full electrical safety test
- Certification provided to ISO 9001:2008 and UKAS Management Systems
- Engineer attending site
- 6 probe temperature mapping calibration
- Staff advice on fridge maintenance and use of controls
- Calibration certificate issued
Do I need to calibrate my fridge/freezer?
Yes, medical refrigerators and freezers should be calibrated annually inline with manufacturer, insurance and inspectors guidelines. Medical fridge/freezer calibration ensures vaccines, medicines and other medical products are stored correctly and don't become spoiled.
How often should I service my fridge?
We recommend that along with calibration, medical refrigerators are also fully serviced annually. This is also recommended by the NHS Green Book, CQC and GPhC. Annual services are vital in maintaining the performance of medical fridges and in monitoring their overall health. Our annual services are performed by highly trained engineers to the highest standard possible. The service takes up to 45 minutes and ensures your fridge / freezer is working as economically as is possible. Regular servicing of your fridge / freezer can extend its lifespan.
How do I know if I need a fridge calibration?
We recommend that all medical fridges are calibrated annually as standard, this is also a requirement of CQC. In the meantime, if your fridge produces excessive condensation, if you can hear your fridge running, if your fridge is over 5 years old or if products within the fridge are rapidly spoiling, then it's highly likely that your fridge will need a calibration and service.
What temperate should my fridge be?
The NHS Green Book 2013 states that vaccines, medications and other medical products that need refrigerating are stored at a temperature between +2°c and +8°c. If your fridge has been outside these parameters then give us a call and we can discuss the best course of action.